California leads the world in Chardonnay, its most planted variety. The state was the first in the world to bottle Chardonnay under varietal labeling, establishing the practice for all of the New World. California’s unique clonal selections for the variety are now grown around the world. And in the cellar, California helped bring greater understanding to new techniques for making more refined, and more flavorful expressions of the variety. Join us for an interactive panel discussion and tasting considering California’s classics of Chardonnay, its unique history, and its range of styles from different parts of the state.
Click on a wine below for the tasting note.
1. GRGICH HILLS, 2017, Napa Valley Chardonnay
2. DAVIS BYNUM, 2017, River West Vineyard, Chardonnay, Russian River Valley
3. ARTESA, 2016 (2017 ONT), Los Carneros, Chardonnay, Napa Valley
4. WENTE, 2019 Morning Fog Chardonnay, Livermore Valley
5. J. LOHR, 2017 (2018 ONT), Arroyo Vista Chardonnay Arroyo Seco, Monterey
6. EDNA VALLEY VINEYARDS, 2019, Chardonnay, Central Coast