California wine celebrates an incredible diversity of varieties, and growing conditions, offering a respect for place honed through a legacy of innovation. This master class will bring together classic wines and celebrated regions that helped establish the state’s international reputation, with emerging producers and regions expanding the state’s range of styles and sense of possibility. Celebrated writer and speaker, Elaine Chukan Brown, will lead this deep dive into the growing conditions, and history of California wine. Through the lens of ten wines, attendees will investigate the dynamic quality present in California wine today.
The wines originate from region’s throughout the state, and offer a range of styles and will include some of the state’s finest wines with examples from Oak Farm, Robert Mondavi, Trefethen, Edna Valley, J.Lohr, Copain, J Vineyards, brick&mortar, Silver Oak and Star Lane Vineyards.
1. ROBERT MONDAVI WINERY, 2015 Reserve Fumé Blanc, Oakville, Napa Valley
2. OAK FARM VINEYARDS, 2018 (2020 ONT) Oak Farm Albarino, Lodi
3. TREFETHEN, 2018 Trefethen Chardonnay, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley
4. EDNA VALLEY VINEYARD, 2017 Chardonnay (2019 ONT), Central Coast
5. J VINEYARDS, 2017 J Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
6. BRICK & MORTAR, 2017 Manchester Ridge Pinot Noir, Mendocino Ridge
7. J LOHR VINEYARDS & WINES, 2018 (2019 ONT) J Lohr Valdiguie, Monterey County
8. COPAIN WINES, 2016 Copain Tous Ensemble Syrah, Mendocino County
9. SILVER OAK CELLARS, 2015 Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
10. STAR LANE VINEYARD, 2014 Star Lane Astral Cabernet Sauvignon, Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara